Monday, 13 July 2009
#TWEEHIVE - day 1: Tuesday 14th July 09
Greetings fellow bees. Here is a very quick guide for those who want to get stuck into #TWEEHIVE
WHAT: let's all pretend to be bees on twitter for the day
WHY: raise awareness of the plight of the bees, we're doing this as part of http://pestival.org and also just to have some new media fun
full details at http://www.tweehive.com
But here's a quick guide... - please feel free to repost on your blog
1. change your profile pic to a bee for the day
If feeling lazy the pic at the top of this post is the right size & dimensions for twitterpic
2. check the #tweehive stream, interact with other bees & generally enjoy the buzz
if new to twitter that just means put "#tweehive" into the search box
3. follow @tweehive - there will be guest queen bees including Alison Benjamin
if new to twitter that just means put "tweehive" into the find people search box (top menu) & click "follow"
4. Get into character. what would your bee be doing through the day?
For inspiration http://www.tweehive.com/to-bee-or-what-to-bee
when tweeting remember to write #tweehive to appear in the stream
also remember you can message other specific bees by using @twittername in your tweet
5. Join in the treasure hunt for flowers hidden on bee friendly and tweehive related websites
HINT these are lusicious floating flower picture hidden placed at the bottom of the page
6. It's never too late to swarm - do tell all your likeminded friends
An easy way to do that of course now is simply taking part
7. If you have a relevant website/blog do register to host a flower for other bees to find
8. Watch out for on the spot tasks and other Tweehive surprises...
See you in the #TWEEHIVE