Saturday 29 March 2008

Lights out 8pm tonight



official earth hour website



I dont know about you, but I really like Google. They've got massive RE>C investments in cleantech. They've got buses bringing people to their offices plus they gave their staff free bicycles. They crop up whenever I am in interesting discussions with big green civic type things. And they did this. We've debated the blackscreen thing here on this blog before (and decided because we are nearly all not using CRT technology to stay with white background). But this isnt just about the energy saved, nor is it an original idea (see Blackle) it's just totally cool that one of the great companies of this world cares enough to raise awareness. Only downside is that the only light on in my house at that time may indeed be the laptop, so I need to be sure not to search if anybody is moving around :J

via Treehugger

No comments: